Popularly knows as VFBD, a dryer initially developed for Williamson Magor’s own tea estates, has received world-wide recognition. There are more than 1600 installations in various Tea-producing countries.
Several years of successful field operations have established its superiority over all fluid bed dryers available today. VFBD PHASE-VI is now available with several unique features and considerable reduction in electric power.
“KILBURN, in more than 39 YEARS, has DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, SUPPLIED & INSTALLED more than 1600 CUSTOMIZED TEA DRYER SYSTEMS”
Based on extensive field data, continuous R&D over the years and experience in Tea & Industrial drying, KILBURN VFBD PHASE-VI has been provided with several advantages
WHAT’S IN PHASE VI
For Uniform distribution of Plenum Chamber.
Air flow pattern for gentle & more uniform circulation & mixing of air.
Newly designed Highly Efficient Cyclone System.
Improved operational efficiency.
Improved tea quality.
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
• Higher output with reduced fuel consumption.
• Negligible fly-off.
• Flexibility of use for CTC & Orthodox tea.
• Uniform air flow & gradual removal of moisture.
• The sheen (lustre) is preserved.
• Produces truly black & heavy teas.
• Highly thermal efficient system.
• Ease of maintenance.
• Very long equipment life.
• Newly designed Cold Air Mixing Chamber to ensure better mixing of hot & cold air for improved quality of made tea.
• Double inlet double width Hot Air Blower for uniform flow resulting in better quality of made tea.
• More efficient Cyclones & Dust Collection System resulting in practically eliminating the carry over of fines.
• SS construction of parts in contact with tea to avoid corrosion.
• Adaptable to all types of heaters – firewood, gas and direct oil fired.
• Designed to suit transportation by standard containers to avoid transit damage and reduced freight costs.
• Modular & Compact Design for easy installation.
• Best choice for premium Tea Manufacturers across the globe.
• Unparallel “After Sales Service” with wide network of Service Engineers all over India.
• Phase V was duly patented. Patent applied for Phase VI .
Kilburn Tea Dryer (Schematic Layout)
Capacity chart – CTC Tea
Technical Specification – CTC Tea
Capacity chart – Orthodox Tea
Technical Specification – Orthodox Tea