Rotary drums is a collective term and covers the following:
ROTARY DRUMS – for drying, cooling, granulating, maturing, composting etc.
ROTARY KILNS – for calcining, roasting, sintering etc.
DRUMS OF SPECIAL DESIGNS – for indirect heat treatment such as drying and calcining.
“KILBURN, in more than 39 YEARS, has DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, SUPPLIED & INSTALLED more than 150 CUSTOMIZED ROTARY DRYING SYSTEMS for various APPLICATIONS”
The wet feed is fed continuously to the drying drum by means of feeding devices adapted to suit the characteristics of the product.The choice of internals to be installed will depend on the drying characteristics of the product. In most cases internals are selected to facilitate free flow, thus obtaining intensive convective heat and mass transfer rate between the drying gases and the veil of product showering down. The alternative is to select internals that will facilitate a rolling-down motion in which case heat transfer is effected primarily by contact between the product and the hot surfaces of these internals.
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
- Sturdy Construction & Simplicity in design
- Adaptability to fluctuating feed rates & moisture contents of products
- Capable to handle very large through-puts
- Can handle very large size of articles/materials
- Heavy duty tyres & support roller assemblies Drives for Drums
- Sealing arrangements to suit applications
- Auxilliary Equipments in different design such as Hot Air Generator Dust Collection Equipments (Cyclones, Bag Filters, Scrubers) & Hot / Cold Air Fans.
- Various designs of Internals for efficient heat transfer and high thermal efficiency
• Rotary steam tube calciners are used in Soda Ash Industry. KEL has manufactured & successfully commissioned such Rotary Calciner System having capacity upto 800 TPD.
• The system comprises of rotating shell with tubes inside having high-pressure steam flowing through. The material passes over the tubes and is heated with steam resulting in very high heat transfer & high thermal efficiency.
• This units are manufactured in heavy duty construction & can handle large capacity.
with External heating
by Flue gas burners
component in different material
A typical rotary drum is a cylindrical shell, slightly inclined from the horizontal and supported on two or more tyres Which in turn rotate on rollers. One of the tyres is fixed axially by a set of thurst rollers. The drum assembly along with tyres is rotated by a Girth Gear/Pinion arrangement.Reliable operation and low maintenance are designed into the machine. While this may not mean lowest first cost, it is reflected in lowest cost per unit of drying capacity.Major components include Shells,Base Frames, Drives, Axial Thrusters and suitable internals
PILOT PLANT FACILITIES
Pilot plant facilitates are available for trials with customers’ material at our Mumbai plant. Expert technical staff supervise the trials to ensure correct evaluation and scale-up.
TYPICAL INDUSTRIES & APPLICATION
• Carbon Black
• Soda Ash
• Titanium Dioxide
• Aluminium Fluoride
• Fumed Silica
• Drying of Green Stuff
• Grain Rootsag
• For granulating, drying cooling and coating of fertilizers.
• Residue Treatment
• Sewage Sludge
• Waste Products