Swirl Dryer is a continuous drying system specially designed for products with surface moisture.
“KILBURN has 39 YEARS of EXPERIENCE in DESIGN, MANUFACTURING, SUPPLY & INSTALLATION of CUSTOMIZED DRYING SYSTEMS for DIVERSE FIELD of APPLICATION”
Hot medium enters into drying system in tangentional direction to generate rotary vortex air current which supplements rotational flow with help of special distribution plate at the bottom of dryer. For vortex strength, hot air is distributed through two sections to control residence time and fineness of the product.
Wet powder in fixed quantity is added and stirred in the form vortex for drying. Swirling motion also leads to classification of particle size during drying process. As product become lighter due to removal of water, it keeps on discharging from top of tower for dust separation system. Large size heavy particle still in swirling motion gets sufficient time for drying till it becomes dried and lighter.
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
• Drying heat sensitive material
• Direct drying results in high drying efficiency and low energy cost
• Negligible maintenance and replacement of modules very easy
• Drying system can effectively control product moisture by utilizing swirling motion
• Drying chamber is equipped with classification ring and whirl plates which can control the size and moisture of final product
• Special air disperser by unique air distribution plate and tangential inlet, swirling action can be controlled resulting considerable variation in residence time of product during drying process
• Due to rotational flow, relative velocity between solid phase and gas phase is very large which results in increase in heat transfer coefficient.
• Ensure compact and efficient design of the system
• High heat transfer coefficient due to large relative velocity difference between solid and gas phase flow results in compact and efficient design system
• Key parameters like product moisture, residence time, product fineness and product temperature are well controlled
WIDE RANGE OF MATERIAL HANDLING APPLICATION
• Efficient Coal Drying for various grades of coal upto 6 mm size due to low residence time.
• Drying heat sensitive material.
• Very short drying time with hot air not coming in contact with dry product like soya, starch, yeast (bakery) , glucose, etc.
• Flexibility in partial removal of inherent moisture. Product like pigment and dye, lead chromate, yellow and blue pigment.
• Dying polymer like S-PVC, ABS, Polyvinyl, acetate and sulfonated phenolic, resin.
• Pesticides Industry Drying paste and caky product like mancozeb, atrazine and abamectin.
• Drying of calcium carbonate, magnesium dioxide, kaolin, arecidated calcium, zirconium silicate, salt, iron oxide, quartz, sand, etc.