KILBURN has designed, manufactured & successfully commissioned a new drying cum cooling system for sugar crystals from cane sugar. The system ensures integrity of the crystal structure & enhances brightness of sugar. This is achieved by the lower moisture content & virtual elimination of fine sugar crystals.
“KILBURN, in more than 39 YEARS, has DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, SUPPLIED & INSTALLED more than 25 SUGAR DRYERS “
WORKING OF SUGAR DRYERS
• The system comprises of a steam heater, drying & cooling zones, a multi-cyclone assembly and a wet scrubber.
• The system provides for controlled drying & cooling of suspended sugar particles in a designed air pattern. The sliding action in the conventional dryers which results in breakage of crystals is eliminated. It also incorporates a de-dusting system which separates the sugar dust from the exhaust air with 99.9% efficiency. The fines are re-cycled to the crystallizer thus increasing the yield of sugar from the same crushing capacity. Sugar solution from the scrubber is also recycled to the crystallizer to increase the yield further.
• The KILBURN Drying and Cooling System has a short pay back period as there is higher price realization of the sugar produced.
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
• Superior luster and whiteness of sugar crystals
• Minimum breakage of sugar crystals
• Lower moisture content at outlet (0.04% to 0.05%) from inlet moisture of 0.125%. (for cane sugar) and 0.8 %( for Refined Sugar)
• ICUMSA (International Commission of Uniform Method of Sugar Analysis) index is significantly lower than in the conventional dryer.
• Recurring financial benefits with shortest pay-back period.
• Higher yield due to efficient recovery of fines in the multi-cyclone and sub-micron sized sugar particles collected in the wet scrubber.
• Continuous operation and uniform drying.
• Compact, sturdy design.
• Easy to install and operate, Easy to maintain.