KILBURN manufactures paddle dryer in technical collaboration with M/s. Nara Machinery, Japan. Paddle dryer is conduction type dryer that processes granular and powdery material by bringing them into direct contact with revolving cuniform shaped hollow paddles without using gas as a heating medium.
“KILBURN, in more than 39 YEARS, has DESIGNED, MANUFACTURED, SUPPLIED & INSTALLED more than 70 CUSTOMIZED PADDLE DRYER & COOLER SYSTEMS for VARIOUS APPLICATIONS”
PADDLE DRYERS & COOLERS
A paddle dryer is a heat transmission dryer, a machine that processes organic and inorganic granular and powdery materials. It dries (or cools) these materials by bringing them into direct contact with revolving, cuneiform shaped hollow heaters (paddles) without using gas as a heating medium.
The drying process of a paddle dryer differs from that of conventional dryers. In the later, hot air (or gas) is used as a heating medium. In a paddle dryer heat is supplied by transmission of heat from the paddle shaft and jacket. Hot air is used only as a carrier to prevent evaporated vapor from condensing
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
• Conduction mode of heat transfer results in very high thermal efficiency
• Compact equipment – large heat transfer area packed in a small volume
• Low air requirement reduces loss of heat.
• Uniform and controlled drying
• Reduction in size and cost of downstream equipment like cyclones, bag filters, scrubbers, fans, heaters and ducts
• Suitable for all types of granules and free-flowing materials
• Can also handle sticky materials.
• Low product attrition
• Suitable for steam, water or oil as heating medium
• Integral dryer-cum-cooler combination
• Reduced civil and erection expenses
• High thermal efficiency
• Self-cleaning Paddles
• Minimal Dusting
• Rugged Construction
• Low-speed operation
• Heavy duty bearings
• Minimal maintenance & Easy accessibility
Pilot plant facilities are available for trials with customers’ materials at our works.
Technical staff have been trained at Nara Test Centre in Japan to ensure correct evaluation and scale-up from pilot plant data.
TYPICAL INDUSTRIES & APPLICATION
• Ammonium Nitrate
• Sodium Cyanide
• Citric Acid
• Soda Ash
• Pyrite Copper Concentrate
• Aluminium Hydroxide
• Manganese Dioxide
• ETP Sludge
• Biological Sludge
• Municipal Sewage Sludge
• Sludge from textile, pharmaceutical, paper, chemical & allied
• Polyester (PET) chips
Internals of Paddle Dryer