Gasoline vapour recovery systems designed, engineered and manufactured by KILBURN are backed by KILBURN’s extensive experience in process design, detail engineering and supply of adsorption systems and skid mounted units.
“KILBURN has 39 YEARS of EXPERIENCE in DESIGN, MANUFACTURING, SUPPLY & INSTALLATION of CUSTOMIZED DRYING SYSTEMS for DIVERSE FIELD of APPLICATION”
The basic system of gasoline vapour recovery unit works on the principle of Pressure Swing Adsorption (PSA).
The PSA system consists of two carbon vessels to ensure continuous operation. One adsorber vessel is always on stream in adsorption (separation) mode, whereas other adsorber is in desorption (recovery) mode. Vapour enters one of the vessels and passes through bed of activated carbon.
Hydrocarbons are adsorbed in activated carbon allowing hydrocarbon free air to exit to atmosphere.Simultaneously second adsorber is being re-generated. For re-generation, vessel is evacuated by suitable vacuum pumps to the desired vacuum level. This is followed by small air purging through the vessel during last phase of regeneration. Vacuum followed by air purge pulls out all the hydrocarbons from the activated carbon, passes through the absorber column and phase separator.
Hydrocarbon vapour passes through the adsorber packing, where it is condensed by circulating gasoline. This circulating gasoline will also cool vacuum pump seal fluid. The condensed gasoline vapour is mixed with the circulating gasoline which is returned to the system. All unadsorbed vapour/air which exits through the top of the absorber is returned to the absorber which is on adsorption mode (separation mode). System is equipped with Programmable Logic Controller with PC based user-friendly human-machine interface. This facility will ensure remote operational adjustment & fault diagnostic service with eases.
AND SPECIAL FEATURES
• Removal upto 99.98% of hydro carbon content from the exhaust air.
• Elimination of gasoline vapour from the exhaust air prevents health hazards.
• Minimization of fire or explosion risk due to reduced hydrocarbon vapour in atmosphere.
• No generation of pollutant during operation. Economic benefits from recovered gasoline.
• Custom designed to suit specific needs.
• Compact design with ease of maintenance and transportation.
• Skid mounted design reduces civil/ erection cost.
• System designed with only electricity as utility.
• Operation fully automatic.